Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching, which replaces Microsoft Imagine, is a cloud environment that provides software and training services to STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) students at no cost. As part of this environment, you can access an online portal that centralizes all the software and training materials into one place. You can also access Azure's cloud platform through the same online portal.
To access this environment, you need a Microsoft 365 AD account. If you do not have an account, you can create one using the following link.
To enter the portal: https://azure.microsoft.com/
- After entering into the Azure site, support is provided by Microsoft via the support button
- Within the framework of the agreement, a $100 Credit is given for use in the cloud environment. It can be accessed via the Overview button
Opening Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
- Go to the following webpage: https://aka.ms/devtoolsforteaching . On this page click on Sign In.
- In the authentication window, enter your AD account in the format firstname.lastname@example.org. Afterwards click on Next
- Enter your account password and click on enter:
- Fill in your details on the form and mark the square I agree
- Enter your phone number (without the beginning 0) and choose your preferred identity verification method: via SMS message or via phone call
- After proper authentication, you will reach a page that displays the software and training materials to which you are entitled.