Insert the installation CD. Begin the installation and follow the instructions.
- Create the directory /opt/mathematica
- Create the sub directory 10.0
- Go to the installation folder on the CD: media/Mathematica/Unix/Installer using the cdcommand. Note that in some Linux distributions, there might be another folder between media and Mathematica.
- Launch the installation using /MathInstaller
Type in the following folder: /opt/Mathematica/10.0 and press ENTER
Type y and press ENTER
- Press ENTER
- Next, type Mathematica in the console and press ENTER
Type in your activation key
- Check the box next to I accept the terms of this agreement
- Click OK