Retiring administrators can switch from Savion to HUJImail.
Savion is a Hebrew-based email system designed for the administrative staff of the Hebrew University and tailored to its needs. In addition to email, other services are offered, such as: calendar, access to the university phone book and access to a form database and management instructions. Savion is also accessible online through a browser.
Several months after the employee's retirement, the Savion email account will be closed, so the employee is given the option to open an email in HUJImail and forward the email from Savion account.
HUJImail account must be opened
- To open a mailbox go to http://mail.huji.ac.il/open
- Identify and fill out the form. When done, you will receive a confirmation with your account details.
If the personal code is unknown or cannot be identified for any other reason, contact the support center
Sign in to the email
Entering your new email is through the site http://mail.huji.ac.il
Transfer mail and contacts from Savion to HUJImail
To copy the contacts and emails stored in your Savion account to your new HUJIMail account, please follow these steps:
- The transfer from Savion must be done on the university computer where Outlook is installed with your Savion account.
- Click here for the migration Software Download and Installation Guide.
- Follow the instructions in the manual.
- Finally, apply an automatic forwarding from the old Savion account to the new HUJIMail account.
To redirect the email - follow the instructions in this guide.
It is useful to perform these operations even before retiring and to assist the departmental computing coordinator if necessary.
Please note - copying your contacts and mail messages is a one-time operation
Reading email on HUJImail
After Migration - There are three ways to read your email from home:
- Reading mail via browser - mail.huji.ac.il
- Reading email using Outlook mail software
- Mac OS users can also read email in Mail-x