Google Drive provides the following services:
- Unlimited storage space.
- File upload using the HujiMail web interface.
- File synchronization from Windows, Mac, tablets and smartrphones. (similar to Dropbox).
- File versioning of files transferred via a synchronizing application
- Self-managed file sharing on different levels
- Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides constitute a free, web-based office suite offered by Google and integrated with Google Drive. It allows users to create and edit documents online while collaborating in real-time with other users
Uploading and Downloading via HujiMail web interface
- Login to your HujiMail account via our login site: http://mail.huji.ac.il
- Click the square matrix icon near your email address
- Click on the Drive icon
Click the Arrow icon to upload files or folders
Right click on one of the files in your drive will enable: view, download, sharing, previous versions, etc.
Use of Backup and Sync Program
In the Google drive interface click on the cog and select “Get Backup and Sync for Windows”
Select “Personal Backup and Sync” and click on Download
Click on “Agree and download”
Click on “Close” to finish the installation
Open the program by clicking on the start icon and typing Backup and Sync
Click on “Get started”
On the bottom part of the screen click on “Sign in with your browser instead”
Enter your full E-mail and click on next
Enter your full Email and password, and then click on next
Click on “Allow”
Now you will see the confirmation message. Close it and go back to the program.
Click on “Got it”
Select the folders you want to Back up from your computer. If you have additional folders click on “Change” and select them
Click on “Got it”
Select if you want to sync your Google Drive to your computer. Choose everything or specific folders and click on Start
A window will pop that the syncing has started