There are two computer farms on the Mount Scopus campus. The first farm, named after Berl Gings, was inaugurated in 2000 and has about 230 computers. The second farm, named after Agnes Gings, is called the Social Sciences Farm and was inaugurated in June 2005 and includes about 200 computers.
The computer farm has teaching classes with advanced teaching systems, various printing services, multimedia means as well as instructional and consulting services throughout the hours of operation. The main emphasis in operating the computer farm is based on the use of information systems as part of a command and control system that enables effective management of computer resources and the ability to diagnose and deal with faults immediately, and offer quality and efficient service alongside advanced hardware.
All computers have Windows 10 operating system installed in Hebrew and English. For your convenience, you can add the following languages via a desktop shortcut:
Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Korean and Spanish.
Corona Update: The Central Computer Farm will be open
Sunday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Follow the instructions of the guard at the entrance and the instructions of the support staff.
- It is strictly forbidden to transfer a student card and/or use another person's code and password.
- The workstations are intended for academic use, a student who makes non-academic use of the workstation will immediately vacate his place at the request of the support staff.
- It is strictly forbidden to burn a CD that infringes on copyright.
- Scanning of materials that infringe copyright is strictly prohibited.
- Food and drink are strictly prohibited.
- Cleanliness must be maintained.
- The integrity of the equipment must be maintained.
- Smoking in computer centers is strictly forbidden!
Emergency exits and fire alarm
In case of a fire or other emergency, instructions by the public address system must be obeyed.
If necessary, please follow the signs leading to the emergency exit.
For more information, suggestions and comments - you can contact the main counseling stations which are staffed at all hours of operation as well as phone 02-5882006 (multi-line) or fax 02-5882005.